Underground Storage Tanks
Underground storage tanks (USTs) open the door to a variety of residential risks, including public health hazards, environmental contamination, and legal and financial liability. NORCON Environmental tests and remediates underground storage tanks on a routine or emergency basis.
UST Investigation Process
Our experienced team helps property owners and real estate buyers determine whether a property currently or previously housed an underground storage tank and performs tank removal or spill remediation as needed.
NORCON’s UST investigation process includes:
- Review of public records and local construction permits
- Locating undocumented underground storage tanks by searching for subsurface anomalies with a magnetometer
- Inspecting low spots where a tank may have been removed
- Conducting soil borings in suspect areas
- Performing laboratory analysis to test for petroleum hydrocarbons
Frequently Asked Questions
Call NORCON Environmental for Residential UST Services
NORCON Environmental has been serving NJ residents for over 30 years. We’re a trusted name in environmental consulting, and our team has extensive experience in the location, removal, and closure of underground storage tanks. If you require tank assessment or remediation, call 201.230.8800 or submit a secure, online information form. We look forward to partnering with you!